Senior UX/Visual Designer
Location: Larkspur, CA
Travel Required: Akili currently has two office locations, Boston and the San Francisco Bay Area. This position is located in Larkspur, and requires 10% travel.
We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer with UX and mobile experience to bring a healthcare product user experience to life for users and Akili. As a key member of the creative team you will drive the UX/Visual Design within the product teams. You will come in with great ideas and know they will heavily influence the look and feel of products. You’ll use your design skills and creativity combined with a strong knowledge of the user and their needs to create beautiful, helpful experiences on digital products. You’ll produce high-quality visual designs - from concept to execution - that include informed interaction design, usable and delightful user interfaces, and satisfying and seamless flows across digital platforms.
At Akili, our goal is to improve people’s lives and we rely on excellent design and science to do so our product teams practice human-centered design. We strive to do the highest-quality work and believe every product serves a purpose towards our goal of improving people’s lives. Every part of the product is a hypothesis that needs to be accepted whole-heartedly by the users so we practice validated learning along the way. This role will determine the aesthetic for products’ look and feel, so a passion for design excellence and standard setting is desired.
Specific duties include:
- Understand and synthesize product and user requirements into a cohesive and consistent product design to create a look that meets product roadmap KPIs, which include many user-centered goals
- Propose and illustrate highly creative and progressive design concepts
- Deliver UX deliverables for the products including detailed user flows, site and app information architecture and navigation systems, low to high fidelity wireframes, and clickable prototypes
- Pixel perfect visual design deliverables including all related artwork files
- Maintain and update design style guide to create a consistent and reusable look and feel across digital medicine products, yet innovative enough to stand out among all mobile and web apps.
- Communicate designs and ideas effectively to a variety of stakeholders.
- Listen and understand feedback from users as a part of usability testing and user research and identify meaningful insights to act on in the design
- Partner with marketing to ensure brand style carries from website, marketing materials into products.
- Work closely with the product managers and development teams
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in mobile design; experience in product design preferred
- Experience designing outstanding digital products - either web applications, mobile apps or game UI
- Experience in designing both B2B and consumer products
- Experience in graphic design to handle ad hoc marketing project requests
- Experience in UI for games for the human factors experience of the treatment for consistent look and feel (i.e. menus, heads up displays, login screens, data visualizations)
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
User-Centered Design Expertise
- Ability to partner with user research agencies to prototype designs and incorporate feedback
- User-centered design leader and practitioner to ensure that the user is at the center throughout the design process
- Detail oriented and focus on all the pieces of a UI and interaction flow that make a user experience easy to use and intuitive for a user.
Leadership and Analysis Abilities
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload, hold reviews, and meet critical project deadlines in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.