Software Development Manager
Location: Larkspur, CA
Akili is looking for a Development Manager to join our team in Larkspur, CA. As Development Manager for Akili’s Healthcare Solutions you will be responsible for directing the activities of a team of developers building mobile and web apps used by patients and their care teams. This is a critical role that will partner with Product Management to understand business priorities and product requirements, and translate those into development plans and tasks while managing the day to day scrum activities. You will work closely with our videogame treatment team to make sure the schedules align, and with the FDA quality control team to integrate best practices. The ideal candidate will have experience working with developers in agile/scrum environments and creating project plans that support continuous deployment of features that bring value to the customer.
Specific duties include:
- Direct developers working on our Healthcare Solutions products
- Partner with Product Management to create project schedules that align with end to end feature deployment that aligns project development milestones with the business goals
- Partner with Architects to understand technical infrastructure, dependencies and deliverables
- Align with game/treatment development team to manage integration and dependencies
- Schedules and directs the work of the development team working on Healthcare Solutions products, managing the Jira backlog, sprints and scrums.
- Manage external technology and development partners overall relationship and ongoing work
- Collaborate with SQA on software quality practices and plans
- Tracks progress and drive for successful completion of commitments
- Maintains regular communication with team partners and stakeholders.
- Look for ways to improve efficiency without compromising effectiveness and quality
- Anticipate and communicate problems and roadblocks to successful achievement of goals and milestones
- Minimum BS Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years Project Management experience in software development, including managing others.
- 8+ years total work experience in software development, and 3+ years working as a Development Manager/Project Manager
- Strong understanding of the web and mobile development cycle.
- Experience leading development teams with agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience at the intersection of agile, HIPAA and FDA regulatory requirements a big plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain high level of detail
- Positive team based attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated team building, people management and leadership skills
- Experience managing and working with remote team members
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.