Senior Systems Integration Software Engineer
Location: Larkspur, CA
Akili Interactive is looking for a Senior Systems Integration Software Engineer for our Larkspur, CA office near San Francisco, CA. You will work within the agile development team to define and build software integration solutions that support the commercialization of our digital therapeutic products. This newly created position will report into the Head of Engineering and works directly with the Architect and Office of the CTO.
You will join during the early stages of building new integrations to bring our digital therapeutic treatment that presents in the form of a video game to market. This is a hands on software developer and problem solving role. You will have the rare opportunity to participate in a "greenfield" software project - developing a system for a new environment that doesn’t have legacy systems constraints.
You will develop the software, middleware, or custom applications to make sure our therapy products and operational systems function together with appropriate performance and security. As a systems integration engineer, you will focus on the entire system, not just a single piece of it in isolation.
Specific duties include:
- Participate in technical discussions with other engineers, partners and colleagues, to discuss application and architectural solutions
- Serve as a hands on software development engineer using the language and tools best suited to solve the problem.
- Develop integration scripts or applications to connect our custom digital therapy product with operational systems and healthcare hubs
- Develop technical documents to propose alternative solutions, document the implemented design and define test cases
- Understand the different components of our custom technology stack as well as partner SaaS solutions as they are rolled out
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Integration experience with CRM systems such as Veeva or Salesforce
- Hands on experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) SDKs - such as SQS, S3, SNS, RDS, Lambda
- Strong understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases
- Understands Single Sign On, OAuth, and other authentication protocols used commonly between SaaS providers
- Experience developing solutions using any one of many languages as best suited for the situation, including: Scala, Java, Node.JS, Python
- Understand computer hardware, software, and networking and enjoy constant learning
- Enjoy both analytical and hands-on work to solve problems
- Communicate well with stakeholders, partners and other engineers and well rounded technically
- Able to focus on a problem to completion with a strong attention to detail
- HIPAA experience
- Experience with one or more areas in Healthcare: EHR/EMR integration, Speciality Pharmacy or HUB integration
- Experience with ERP integration (such as Netsuite, Dynamics, SAP)
- Experience working with QA to create test case definitions for solutions you have designed
- Continuous Integration and Development
- PCI, payment processing and credit card transaction processing
- Agile Development
- Able to provide written technical documentation samples, or links to open source projects (github projects or documentation you have written)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.