Senior Director Marketing
Location: Boston, MA
Travel: 20-40% within USA
The Senior Director of Marketing, ADHD will initially report to the Chief Commercial Officer and will be responsible for strategically leading the planning and execution of the 3 year and annual brand plan in addition to helping to set the long-term cross functional strategy for a brand in the cognitive deficit space.
This position will have oversight and leadership responsibility for a growing marketing organization consisting of brand team members and potential field marketing personnel. This position determines and directs all aspects of marketing strategy and tactical execution for healthcare providers and caregivers/patients.
Partnership and collaboration in ADHD Program Team and across key commercial and medical functional leaders are essential components of this role, specifically a broad understanding and respect for medical and the sales organization.
Partner closely with overall company-wide brand agency/strategy to maintain consistent and cohesive brand look and feel for all materials. This role may have some exposure to future partnerships and/or acquisitions.
Specific duties include:
- Sets sales goals in collaboration with sales leadership and senior management team, with shared accountability on achievement those goals.
- Provides brand strategy and direction and serves as the Brand Lead for ADHD on the Program Team.
- Manages the marketing team with responsibilities for healthcare providers, caregiver/patient and closely liaising with the market access team to align strategy and execution.
- Channel development with a strong focus on digital marketing channels like search, social, and content marketing.
- Monitors and analyzes competitive environment and market dynamics and develops timely tactical plans based on findings
- Develop brand goals and forecasts and measures results
- Responsibility for commercial sign off with promotional review committee
- Manages the relationship with the advertising/promotion agency vendor and ensures expected deliverables are met
- Leads creative promotion campaigns, message development, message management, consistent messaging.
- Oversees marketing automation and lead generation.
- Works with medical leadership to ensure future activities support customer data needs, brand goals and strategy
- Develops, executes, and measures effectiveness of marketing programs across market segments
- Develops programs and tools for optimal sales force effectiveness in collaboration with sales leadership
- Ensures 100% compliance with GPP’s and establishes appropriate metrics to measure success
- Ensures quarterly budget management within pre-specified variations.
- Ensures alignment of marketing plans across all key stakeholders and effectively translates overall strategies into actionable operational plans and assure implementation.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with thought leaders, key customers and professional organizations in collaboration with medical affairs
- Commissions and oversees primary market research projects as needed
- Provides leadership and guidance in alignment with the company’s Cultural Hallmarks to create a high performing organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Science or related discipline, MBA preferred
- 15 years+ pharmaceutical marketing and sales experience, including 5 years in-line brand leadership with proven experience in strategic planning and team leadership.
- ADHD commercial experience
- Sales experience.
- In-depth knowledge of US markets which includes experience working with FDA, regulatory affairs, medical affairs and R&D.
- Individual must have experience overseeing and leading brands and launch experience.
- Experience in sales or marketing of ADHD products.
- Sales management experience preferred.
- Ability to succeed in entrepreneurial / high rate of change organization. Is excited to work and design new process, instead of needing process to succeed.
- High energy, with a proven ability to achieve strong cross functional accountability and results.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding marketing goals and overcoming key obstacles.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and provide recommendations.
- Ability to perform and understand detailed market research information.
- High ethical standards, personal integrity and ability to build trust with teams.
- Strong drive for results and committed to quality.
- Ability to constructively challenge and influence the decision-making process.
- Ability to attract, retain, lead, and build a high performing team.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills.
The individual right for this job will be motivated to join a science-focused, entrepreneurial development stage company that will be a significant player in the industry. The opportunity to step into a key role in a company that is not bureaucratically bound and, more importantly, to “make a difference”, will be pivotal reasons why the individual wishes to join Akili.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job, contact us through Puretech Health.