Scientist, Immuno and Inflammation
Location: Boston, MA
Akili is seeking an entrepreneurial team member for its Immuno-Inflammation group located in the Boston office. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the design, development, and testing of Akili’s digital medicines in this therapeutic area and across the various programs and activities of the company. This individual will work with both the science/clinical and Program Leadership teams.
Specific duties include:
- Participate with all other members of the Immuno-Inflammation team to the characterization of various cognitive impairments associated with immune disorders;
- Participate to the identification and the test of relevant clinical use cases in line with Akili’s existing and future technologies;
- Set up and manage connections and regular interactions with world renown scientific and clinical experts in the field of cognitive impairments related to auto-immunity;
- Work to expand the immuno-inflammation portfolio of indications;
- Develop scientific and competitive intelligence in the field of cognition and immuno-inflammation;
- Lead sourcing, identification, and diligence of new technologies that target novel neural mechanisms and align with the company’s market strategy;
- Guide scientific mechanic integration, feasibility testing, and clinical testing of new prototypes;
- Participate in design and data analysis of clinical trials;
- Be a core part of a high-energy team focused on delivering a new paradigm in mobile health.
- A PhD in a relevant field, including cognitive or affective neuroscience or psychology;
- Expertise in designing human experiments and analyzing study results;
- In-depth understanding and passion for neural mechanisms underlying disorders or therapeutic approaches;
- Demonstrated interest in non-invasive technologies targeting the central nervous system;
- Work experience post-graduation is a significant plus ideally in a clinical context.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.