HR Director and Business Partner
Location: Boston, MA
Travel Required: Akili currently has two office locations, Boston and San Francisco. In order to support the management and workforce on both coasts, this position requires up to 25% domestic travel.
Akili is looking for an HR Director and Business Partner who will be responsible building the HR function within a fast growing company.
The HR Director and Business Partner will develop and execute the human resource strategy in support of the overall company business plan. The HR Director and Business Partner provides leadership in identifying HR needs and communicating to executive management proposed strategies and plans that address those needs. The HR Director and Business Partner is responsible for ensuring the company is in compliance with all employment laws, regulations and administrative rules of governmental agencies and other regulatory organizations.
Specific duties include:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function.
- Establish and implement HR policies, programs, practices that effectively support the company's mission and strategic plan.
- Participates in the development of the company's strategic plan, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Function as an advisor to the executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Develop recruiting strategies and implements plans and programs to meet the company's workforce needs with the support of Akili’s recruiting contractor.
- Develop progressive, competitive, cost-effective compensation and benefits programs that help to motivate and retain employees.
- Regularly assess the competitiveness and appropriateness of all programs and practices against relevant companies, industries and markets.
- Help Akili establish policies and practices that continue to develop diversity in the company’s workforce.
- Develop and implement policies and programs for effective management of employees, including performance management, succession planning and employee development programs.
- Work closely with Akili’s resources dedicated to improving and maintaining our unique culture.
- Manage the human resources budget.
- While building out the HR function at Akili, participating in and maintaining high standards of HR administration work.
- BS/BA degree required, MBA or MA/MS preferred
- A minimum of 10 or more years of progressive HR experience, with at least 3 years of Director HR experience.
- Proficient knowledge of employee benefits (insurance, retirement and compensations) and employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Best Practices.
- Adept at talent recruitment, development and employee retention.
- Ability to interpret and analyze budget data and information.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient computer use, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ideally, experience in one or more of the following industries: Biotech, technology, medical device, pharmaceutical.
- Experience in building HR department at start-up company preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.