Field Market Access Lead - Northeast
Location: Boston, MA
Travel Required: Extensive airline travel
Akili Interactive Labs is looking to expand its Market Access team with an innovative, patient-centric, and mission driven individual to lead its field market access. You will be in a highly visible position within the organization and represent the company externally to multiple stakeholders. You will drive strategies and tactics and create opportunities to directly influence coverage and access for Akili’s first commercial product. You will serve as Akili’s lead contact with key national and large regional public and private payer organizations. You will play a lead role in executing the Akili’s strategic positioning and value proposition, and effectively manage business partnerships, as well as contractual relationships with individual Managed Markets customers. You will report into the Vice President of Market Access, and be responsible for collaborating within the organization to design and implement payer strategy, training materials, and communication tools necessary for success. The top deliverables for this position are to achieve optimal access and payer collaborations for the Akili’s portfolio through clinical, contracting and pull through efforts with targeted customers and to develop the strategy for efficiently achieving objectives.
Specific Duties include:
- Identify, develop, and execute both innovative and traditional business opportunities for Akili by focusing on appropriate positioning and coverage of Akili products within our targeted Managed Care, including Managed Medicaid customers.
- Work with Sales, Medical Affairs, Finance, Legal, Regulatory, Program Leads, and Marketing personnel to establish appropriate formulary access and drive effective pull-through of the Akili’s products with these key customers
- Perform rigorous pre-contract Analysis and identify appropriate contracting opportunities. Formulate clear recommendations for contract/ no contract options and collaborate with Payer Oversight Committee to develop strategic consensus on each optional position
- Negotiate and implement financially sound contracts to support brand strategies and create access for patients and caregivers
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales Management and Medical Science Liaisons to develop and coordinate field sales pull through activities in support of access opportunities
- Track and analyze contract performance and communicate account performance broadly with key stakeholders
- Lead and manage strategic / tactical projects including primary market research, secondary research, and development of payer communication tool
- Represent the market access function as a member of the ADHD program team as needed
- Perform contract reviews with each contract client quarterly to monitor progress for both the client and Akili.
- Lead field market access tactically and strategically and develop actionable business plans
- 5 -10 years experience in the Biotechnology Industry with broad experience across commercial, market access, payer, trade, and HEOR
- 5+ National Managed Markets position required managing a multi-product portfolio.
- Primary relationships with Managed Markets organizations and Managed Medicaid
- Experience in ADHD and Neuropsychiatry is preferred but not required
- Experience with medical benefit / device preferred
- BA/BS degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current regulatory requirements and reimbursement trends
Strong project management & analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and strategic relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful strategic initiatives
- Ability to effectively compete for resources both with internal and external customers
- Proven leadership skills and strong business acumen
- Effective, executive level negotiation skills
- Well developed relationship management and consultative sales skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where overachieving is expected.
- Self-directed & confident, with a demonstrated ability to build collaborations on shared commitments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.