Location: Boston, MA
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate Corporate Counsel focused primarily on contracts to join our growing Legal team. Reporting directly to the VP of IP and Legal Affairs, you will provide legal support to the company. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenges and promise of a growing and innovative company in the new Digital Medicine space.
Specific duties include:
- Work cross-functionally to help solve complex legal issues that arise in multiple differing areas, including technology licensing, commercial contracts, data, privacy, HIPAA, and employment law
- Support the VP of IP and Legal Affairs, on corporate matters, including financings, and strategic partnerships
- Oversee contract management function for the legal department, including assisting in the negotiation of NDAs, consulting agreements, and vendor agreements
- Help to manage and grow company’s Intellectual Property portfolio (patent, trademark, copyright, etc.)
- 2-5 years of corporate experience, focusing on hi-tech or life sciences in house or in a major law firm
- Member of MA state bar in good standing
- Strong experience with commercial contracts required
- Some prior experience in IP-related agreements preferred (such as technology licensing, software development agreements, open source software issues)
- Familiarity with the biotech industry (510ks, clinical trials, HIPAA) a plus, but not required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.