Location: Boston, MA
The Controller will lead day-to-day accounting, reporting and FP&A activities and build operations processes across the company. You may also manage the IT and IS group. As the foundational team member of Akili’s financial department, the Controller will design and build processes and systems for a growing company.
Specific duties include:
- You will manage: revenue accounting, general accounting, cash management, equity accounting, tax compliance and the month end close processes.
- Build and then oversee the strengthening of financial operations, internal controls and reporting processes.
- Direct, coordinate, maintain and control the company’s accounting and reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assess, implement and monitor all internal control practices including accuracy of system reports used for financial reporting and direct department policies and procedures.
- Manage some AP processing and other hands on tasks until the financial team grows.
- Prepare, maintain, and report internal and external financial records and analysis. Prepare timely, complete and accurate information, metrics and reporting analysis for management and investors.
- Maintain monthly cash position report, cash forecasting model and cash flow projections.
- BA/BS required, MBA, MSA or CPA strongly preferred
- 8 to 15 years of progressive experience, including a minimum of 4+ years of management experience
- Proven success shaping and maintaining the accounting operations and reporting in a rapidly growing company
- Experience identifying areas for improvement and implementation of more effective and efficient processes and strategies
- Experience with ERP system implementations is preferred
- Demonstrated operations orientated person with strong analytical skills
- Established and detail orientated self-starter with experience working in a hands-on environment able to prioritize workload and provide solutions and able to navigate through complex structure, systems and processes
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with huge aspirations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Akili is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this position, contact us through Puretech Health.