For more information on Akili, please visit at www.akiliinteractive.com. Positions offer competitive compensation packages.
These are our current openings:
Senior Director Market Access
Akili is seeking an entrepreneurial team member to be a key member of our market development effort as we further our products toward market and execute the launch of the company’s flagship product – the first digital medicine for ADHD. This is a unique opportunity to be at the ground floor of not only a company’s growth toward market, but development of a new paradigm in insurer-covered products: purely software-based therapies. An essential prerequisite for this position is experience in and a successful track record of innovation and creative solutions establishing market access for new products in new markets. This individual will work directly with the Chief Commercial Officer.
Specific Duties Include:
- Lead the development of a new paradigm in market access strategy for Project EVO ADHD including pricing, optimal formulary coverage, reimbursement and trade/distribution
- Overall responsibility to lead market access for all Akili products in development
- Lead implementation of the access strategy and tactical plan through direct interaction with all stakeholders including payers, patients, providers, distribution channels and consultants
- Establish a market access capability including account management, payer development, (advisory board and panels, data models, whitepapers, technical review materials, etc) to assure an easy, efficient and convenient access process for physicians, patients and distribution channels (including telemedicine and online pharmacy)
- Play a key role in developing and executing the company’s market development strategy
- Support commercial, clinical, and science functions within the company to drive forward a product with consistent messaging toward helping patients;
- Relevant graduate (health care, health economics, MBA, etc.)
- Five or more years of relevant industry experience in pricing, reimbursement and payer interaction
- Experience in neuroscience, mental health, or psychiatry a plus, but not required;
- Experience in medical devices a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines, and practices to assure compliance
- Industry experience preferably in ADHD or depression with a demonstrated ability to drive forward innovative and outside-the-box solutions in conservative payer settings
- Experience in market development and market access for novel products
- A strong background in healthcare, and proven understanding of the foundational stakeholders of a successful healthcare business model (patients, providers, payers, etc.)
- History of solving problems while exhibiting superior judgement and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues with a track record of strategic and creative thinking;
- Successful mentorship strategies & examples of developing expertise within past managed care teams
Senior Gameplay Engineer
Akili is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer who is eager to help our team develop an innovative novel type of interactive medicine with the look and feel of Entertainment Software, but which is based on university research and subjected to clinical trial processes. Our novel interactive medicine can be deployed to patients anywhere and provide rich telemetry and data output to the patients’ doctors. The applications combine the validation and science of the medical device industry with entertaining and fun video game mechanics.
As an Engineer on our team, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys working with designers, artists and game programmers helping them implement great game features through tools and code. We are looking for engineers who are enthusiastic about the game development process, want to remove bottlenecks and build software to revolutionize the way we create awesome experiences.
Specific Duties Include:
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining core technology, including tools and engine components.
- Help our game developers build without constraints - drive the technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Solve challenging problems that are often not well defined by writing a lot of elegant and practical code.
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
- Be a champion for our users: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools that delight our developers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience working on multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in C#.
- Strong understanding of at least one subset of game development: gameplay, networking, graphics, artificial intelligence, physics, asset pipelines, animation, etc.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Strong game industry experience (6+ years) working on cross-platform games.
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.
- Experience in middleware, audio, animation, asset management, world building or physics components.
- Experience developing in large code bases.
IT Systems Engineer
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, testing, integrating, commissioning, debugging, and configuring the iOS and Android OS deployment platform for Akili’s clinical and commercial products. This will include process design, configuration, deployment, disaster recovery, capacity planning, and security. This role will also provide additional support to Akili’s expanding IT infrastructure. This position will work in close relationships with Akili’s Development, Operations, Scientific, and Commercialization teams.
Specific Duties Include:
- Evaluating and certifying tools, infrastructure, and core applications necessary to support Akili’s deployment programs.
- Perform assessments to determine feasibility & highlight/identify gaps in existing functionality
- Capture and address defects in processes and services throughout engineering activities
- Provide additional IT support and expertise to a rapidly growing organization.
- At least five (5) + years of experience in mobile device engineering or software engineering
- Experience in large scale deployment solutions, with focus on quality of service, capacity management, availability, lifecycle management, information security, recovery, and event management. Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, and Mobile Containerization, is required.
- Proficiency with a tools such as AirWatch, Mobile Iron, or other comparable enterprise mobility management technologies including experience with implementation of MDM solutions.
- Knowledge of medical device design/manufacturing processes (preferably standalone software medical devices), HIPAA regulated environments 21CFR Part 820 & ISO 13485:2015 and medical device regulations/standards
- Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Apple OSX and iOS administration, Android support, Linux administration and Windows desktop support
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Experience with Source Code Control such as Git and SVN
- Experience with automation and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Scripting with tools such as python and bash scripts
Senior Software Quality Engineer
Akili Interactive is currently seeking a Senior (Medical Device) Software Quality Engineer to play a key role in guiding our medical device development & QA/RA teams to comply with FDA, MDD and other regulatory bodies. As Senior Medical Device SQE, you will manage our San Francisco studio’s product development, verification & validation and other medical device QA activities.
Specific Duties Include:
- Guiding development team on producing software design documentation that is compliant with FDA 21CFR 820.30 & IEC 62304 requirements
- Collaborating with QA team on creating test cases that are fully traceable & compliant with IEC 62304
- Assisting QA Manager to attain ISO 13485:2016 certification
- Assisting QA Manager for preparation of 510k Submission
- Industry experience with healthcare software products/applications (minimum Class II medical devices preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with creating & managing software design and V&V documentation
- Proficiency with 21CFR 820, IEC 62304 & ISO 13485 requirements
- Proficiency with pre-market development & shipping/launching products
- Eagerness to learn new technologies & invent new processes to establish a Quality System while maintaining our start-up culture
- Ability to attend to our office in Larkspur, CA
- Resilient personality to able to continuously push our development team to comply with government regulations & industry standards
- Be a part of a high-energy team focused on delivering a new paradigm in digital health
Principal Working Relationships:
Medical Device QA Manager (Boston based), Games QA Lead, VP of Operations, Production and scientific/medical teams
Senior Full Stack Engineer- Scala/Java
Akili is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer eager to help our team develop a new type of Electronic Medicine™ that can be deployed remotely directly to any patient anywhere, prescribed and tracked by physicians, with the potential to be developed at a fraction of the cost of traditional medical approaches.
Specific Duties Include:
- Co-Design, implement and maintain our Scala/Play Framework micro services and APIs for the Akili platform.
- Team up with Full Stack Web Developers to deploy commercial web and mobile applications using the Play Framework.
- Create tests and infrastructure to enable thorough regression testing.
- Participate in the entire “DevOps” service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. Oversee the continuous deployment of services you create.
- Integrate modern logging mechanisms.
- Design and implement security protocols protecting our data storage and transmissions.
- Automate all processes involved to any service creation and instantiation as much as possible.
- Use queues, load balancers and other AWS resources to allow for easy scalability.
- Expert-level proficiency with Scala, Play Framework and Akka
- Development experience with an MVC style framework
- Can clearly articulate and implement micro service design patterns
- Basic understanding of cryptographic tools
- Proficiency with Git source code management workflows
- Ability to create prototypes quickly
- Strong understanding of REST API design
- Experience with Web Sockets, JSON and real-time data service APIs
- Proficient with test oriented development
- Experience with authentication frameworks like OAuth
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and able to help out with other back end services that maybe be written in a variety of languages
- Experience with AWS EC2, IAM, S3, SQS, SES and related Amazon Java SDKs
- The ability to attend on site meetings in Larkspur, CA
- 3+ years of experience
Our ideal candidate will also have experience with:
- Elasticsearch, Cassandra, SQL, Apache Spark, Docker Containers
- Node.js and npmjs (Node Packaged Modules)
- NodeJS, PHP, Python, Bash Scripting
Please point us to your github account and projects that you can share with us!
Akili is looking for an entrepreneurial team member who will be responsible for oversight and coordination of Akili’s finance, accounting, and reporting activities. They will work closely with the senior leadership team to lead the day-to-day finance operations of a rapidly scaling company. This role will have responsibility coordinating all finance activity related to Akili’s operations in conjunction with Akili’s external finance support team .
Specific Duties Include:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems in conjunction with external finance team, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and maintain internal control for program budgets and actual expenditures
- Assist senior leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; assemble financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants
- Support audit activity with external finance team
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications surrounding finance at all levels of the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment
- Leverage strengths of the external finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities to reach organizational goals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, ingenuity, and commitment to Akili’s mission
- Be a proactive, hands-on, strategic thinker who will lead, in partnership with the CEO, the financial administration of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business related field.
- Solid experience managing general ledger accounting, financial reporting, budget development and analysis, payroll administration, and external audits support
Clinical Coordination Assistant
Akili is looking for a full time Clinical Coordination Assistant to join our team in Boston, Massachusetts. The Coordination Assistant will support the execution of several clinical trials of Akili’s EVO cognitive software. The clinical studies span multiple medical conditions including ADHD, Autism, and Depression. The studies also span multiple phases from early feasibility to FDA registration. The ideal candidate will have experience with both CRO-based and academic-based study sites.
Specific duties include:
- Assisting in the daily operations of the clinical operations team
- Configuring, logging, and tracking study product
- Providing real-time monitoring of study status, including tracking to plan (enrollment) and compliance
- Providing required updates to IRBs and clinicaltrial.gov
- Preparing and coordinating shipments of study product
- Working with the QA manager to meet study protocol requirements
- Support Clinical Project Manager with technical troubleshooting
- Minimum education: B.S. in a scientific or health-care related discipline
- Experience: 1-2 years in clinical operations for a medical device, pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology company, preferred but not required.
- Tech savvy with an ability to embrace mobile app-based software as a medical device
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in interactions with CROs, study staff, and external monitors
- Preference for experience in representative populations (ADHD, ASD, Depression) preferred, but not required
- Preference for experience in the CNS / neurology or behavioral/psychiatric field, but not required