Senior Gameplay Engineer
Location(s): San Francisco, CA; Larkspur, CA; and Telecommute: West Coast
Akili is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer who is eager to help our team develop an innovative novel type of interactive medicine with the look and feel of Entertainment Software, but which is based on university research and subjected to clinical trial processes. Our novel interactive medicine can be deployed to patients anywhere and provide rich telemetry and data output to the patients’ doctors. The applications combine the validation and science of the medical device industry with entertaining and fun video game mechanics.
As an Engineer on our team, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys working with designers, artists and game programmers helping them implement great game features through tools and code. We are looking for engineers who are enthusiastic about the game development process, want to remove bottlenecks and build software to revolutionize the way we create awesome experiences.
Specific Duties Include:
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining core technology, including tools and engine components.
- Help our game developers build without constraints - drive the technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Solve challenging problems that are often not well defined by writing a lot of elegant and practical code.
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
- Be a champion for our users: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools that delight our developers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience working on multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in C#.
- Strong understanding of at least one subset of game development: gameplay, networking, graphics, artificial intelligence, physics, asset pipelines, animation, etc.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Strong game industry experience (6+ years) working on cross-platform games.
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.
- Experience in middleware, audio, animation, asset management, world building or physics components.
- Experience developing in large code bases.
To apply to this position, please contact us through PureTech Health.
Software Quality Analyst
Location: Larkspur, CA
Akili Interactive is currently seeking a Senior Quality Analyst to join our ground-breaking software development team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for testing new and existing features on multiple platforms and devices in an Agile-like software development environment, all while being empowered to contribute to a unique and collaborative work environment.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assist with owning a robust testing strategy with the ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability as necessary.
- Maintain a schedule for testing tasks while tracking completion dates and managing risk mitigation strategies.
- Communicate project direction to the disciplines and ensure that they are aware of pertinent information and priorities.
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of the products, critical issues, and ensuring a high standard of entry and bug severity.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly velocity reports and daily reports where necessary.
- Resilient personality to be able to continuously push our development team to comply with our healthcare partners in government regulations & industry standards
- Be a part of a high-energy team focused on delivering a new paradigm in digital health
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the software development industry as a Tester, Test Lead, or Quality Analyst
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Passion for testing with a rich understanding of QA methodologies
- Experience with off-site QA vendors and developing test plans all while promoting project visibility
- Ownership over product submissions and releases
- A keen eye for identifying risks associated with any request to deviate from known test processes
- Passionate about new cross-industry products, especially with new technology and mediums
- An understanding of software development processes
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to recognize test case deficiencies and propose improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experienced tester with the ability to rapidly familiarize with game-play elements
- High standards of work, adaptability, and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Atlassian products and proficiency with web-based automation tools like Selenium
- Knowledge of Project Methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc)
- Advanced technical proficiency and an understanding of different platforms, hardware and peripherals
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Advanced knowledge of departmental processes
- In your Cover Letter, please address the following:
- What is your favorite game of all time and what would you change about that game?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We look forward to reviewing your application and we’re excited to potentially do something incredible and new together!
To apply for this position, please contact us through Puretech Health.