Director Product Management
Location: Boston, MA or Larkspur, CA
Travel Required: 50% if Boston based; 25% if Larkspur based
Akili is looking for a Director, Product Management who will be responsible for leading our efforts to create clinically-validated cognitive therapeutics, assessments, and diagnostics that look and feel like high-quality video games.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about improving patient outcomes for cognitive diseases such as ADHD, Depression and Alzheimer's through delivery of a new type of digital medicine that goes through the rigor of FDA clinical trials prior to commercialization. In this role you will build relationships and align key stakeholders from varying backgrounds of science, pharma, data, game development, clinical trials and software development that are co-located in San Francisco and Boston. You will be responsible for understanding the business, science and game mechanics of our solutions and armed with this knowledge lead efforts to drive current investment through development while at the same time creating a vision and product roadmap for future investment. This is an individual contributor role with the potential to grow into building out a team of Product Managers as Akili grows.
Specific Duties include:
- Identify and align on product investment leading to a product roadmap that represents the strategic thinking of the company that supports both clinical trials and commercialization.
- Lead efforts to operationalize and execute on the roadmap ensuring an iterative design process with continuous feedback loops across the different disciplines of science and game.
- Drive efforts to ensure timely/effective discovery from users/patients and external advisors on new features/enhancements leading to data driven decisions.
- Identify, gather and manage game feature and device (tablet) requirements and align priorities across internal stakeholders including authoring market/product requirements and user stories for FDA compliance and the agile team.
- Partner with the game development lead to identify and understand capacity, velocity and timing of feature delivery leading to an agreed upon development roadmap.
- Partner with Quality Control to ensure FDA compliance.
- Work closely with Manufacturing to identify and manage device requirements and changes over time.
- Participate as a member of the agile team collaborating on work order, priorities, sprint goals and end of sprint demos that deliver customer value at every sprint leading to continuous deployment.
- Proactively align internal stakeholders on feature development/progress ensuring expectations and inputs are managed appropriately.
- Partner with Program Lead to ensure full product readiness for clinical trial and/or commercialization.
- Collaborate with and define integration points with Healthcare Solutions.
- Support Business Development activities.
- 25 or 50% travel required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a medical device, game and/or digital health company
- Experience delivering products that have both hardware and software components
- 7-10 years Product Management experience; minimum 2 years at Director level
- Proof of 2-3 solutions that were successfully released into clinical trial and/or commercialization
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective/efficient communication skills
- Ability to manage by influence and pull together multiple perspectives into a cohesive, agreed upon direction
- Experience working with remote team members
- Experience in delivering products in an FDA regulated environment is highly desirable
To apply to this position, please contact us through PureTech Health.
Software Quality Analyst
Location: Larkspur, CA
Akili Interactive is currently seeking a Senior Quality Analyst to join our ground-breaking software development team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for testing new and existing features on multiple platforms and devices in an Agile-like software development environment, all while being empowered to contribute to a unique and collaborative work environment.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assist with owning a robust testing strategy with the ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability as necessary.
- Maintain a schedule for testing tasks while tracking completion dates and managing risk mitigation strategies.
- Communicate project direction to the disciplines and ensure that they are aware of pertinent information and priorities.
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of the products, critical issues, and ensuring a high standard of entry and bug severity.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly velocity reports and daily reports where necessary.
- Resilient personality to be able to continuously push our development team to comply with our healthcare partners in government regulations & industry standards
- Be a part of a high-energy team focused on delivering a new paradigm in digital health
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the software development industry as a Tester, Test Lead, or Quality Analyst
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Passion for testing with a rich understanding of QA methodologies
- Experience with off-site QA vendors and developing test plans all while promoting project visibility
- Ownership over product submissions and releases
- A keen eye for identifying risks associated with any request to deviate from known test processes
- Passionate about new cross-industry products, especially with new technology and mediums
- An understanding of software development processes
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to recognize test case deficiencies and propose improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experienced tester with the ability to rapidly familiarize with game-play elements
- High standards of work, adaptability, and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Atlassian products and proficiency with web-based automation tools like Selenium
- Knowledge of Project Methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc)
- Advanced technical proficiency and an understanding of different platforms, hardware and peripherals
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Advanced knowledge of departmental processes
- In your Cover Letter, please address the following:
- What is your favorite game of all time and what would you change about that game?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We look forward to reviewing your application and we’re excited to potentially do something incredible and new together!
To apply for this position, please contact us through Puretech Health.